- Spayen (obsolete)
- A country in Europe, including most of the Iberian peninsula. Official name: Kingdom of Spain.
- 1865, James Stuart Laurie (editor), Manual of Elementary Geography, page 40:
- The mountains of Spain consist of parallel ranges, running from east to west […]
- 1999, Stephen P. Reyna, "The Force of Two Logics", in S. P. Reyna & R. E. Downs (editors), Deadly Developments: Capitalism, states and war (War and Scoiety, volume 5), page 34
- Spain fought with France constantly from 1494 through the 1540s, especially over Italy.
- An English ethnic surname for someone with Spanish ancestry.
country in Europe
- Appendix:Place names in Spain
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Countries of the world