Statue of Liberty
- A very large statue in New York harbor, representing the Roman goddess Libertas, and considered emblematic of the United States and its attractiveness to voluntary immigrants.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:Statue of Liberty.
large statue in New York harbor
- (American football) A Statue of Liberty play, which involves a fake in which the quarterback assumes a pose like that of the statue.
- (juggling) A pattern where the props are thrown from one hand to the other in a circular motion, with one hand raised significantly above the other.
- Famous tricks such as the Mills Mess, Burke's Barrage, and Rubenstein's Revenge are covered, along with fundamentals (Statue of Liberty, the Snake, the Machine, 4 4 1)[...] (Beyond the Cascade, George Gillson)