Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Sunday-best
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A person's finest clothing, especially the clothes one reserves to wear to church on Sunday.
- 1886, Louisa May Alcott, chapter 18, in Jo's Boys:
- It took all the power and skill of that energetic woman to get her son into his Sunday best.
- 2009, Brian Knowlton, "Economy and Iraq are set to lead Obama agenda," International Herald Tribune, 18 Jan. (retrieved 20 Jan. 2009):
- More than 250 people, most of them African-American churchgoers dressed in their Sunday best, erupted in screams when the presidential motorcade turned onto the street.