The character, created by Jerry Siegel (1914–1996) and Joe Shuster (1914–1992), first appeared in DC Comics’ Action Comics #1 dated June 1938. The ice-cream flavor is named in reference to the red, yellow and blue of the superhero's costume.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈs(j)uːpə(ɹ)mæn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsupɚmæn/
- Hyphenation: Su‧per‧man
- A fictional comic-book superhero with superhuman strength and speed and the ability to fly. [from 1933.]
Superman (plural Supermen)
- A strong, tough or resistant man. (Alternative letter-case form of .)
- A flavor of ice cream that is a mixture of blue moon ice cream, and other ice cream flavors that are colored red and yellow.