Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (metrology) Symbol for teraliter (teralitre), an SI unit of fluid measure equal to 1012 liters (litres).
- (international standards) ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code for Timor-Leste since 2002.
- Synonyms: TLS (alpha-3 2002–present), TP (1975–2002, as East Timor)
TL (plural TLs)
- (linguistics) Initialism of target language.
- (informal) Abbreviation of translator.
- (informal) Abbreviation of translation.
- (Internet) Abbreviation of timeline; also tl.
- Abbreviation of turntable ladder.
- Abbreviation of team leader.
- (ecology) Initialism of trophic level.
- Abbreviation of Turkish lira.
- Synonym: ₺
- (slang, dated) Initialism of trade-last.
- 1922, Thomas Lansing Masson, Our American Humorists, page 201:
- Nothing about my natural charms no more, an egg's age since anybody had called me to 1 side and whispered "I got a T. L. for you. Gertie thinks your ears is immense."
- 1997, Joan Mellen, Hellman and Hammett, page 71:
- So autobiographical was The Children's Hour that there are even “TL's” between the children, those “trade lasts” in which people must come up with compliments they have heard about each other, a game which amused Lily […]
- Abbreviation of Tulcea, a county in Romania.
- Abbreviation of Tlaxcala (Mexican state)
- Abbreviation of Türk Lirası (“Turkish Lira”).
- Translingual lemmas
- Translingual symbols
- Symbols for SI units
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English words without vowels
- English initialisms
- English informal terms
- English abbreviations
- English slang
- English dated terms
- English terms with quotations
- Romanian lemmas
- Romanian proper nouns
- Romanian abbreviations
- Spanish lemmas
- Spanish proper nouns
- Spanish abbreviations
- Turkish lemmas
- Turkish proper nouns
- Turkish abbreviations