The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion. See also Wiktionary:Previously deleted entries.
"(Australian) A raffle run to raise money for a charity." There seems to be a specific organisation called RSL Art Union that runs raffles, but I can't find usage of art union to mean a raffle. Equinox ◑ 11:27, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but you didn't look hard enough. Widespread long-term use in Australia. Search for "art union" -RSL will show the term for a dozen different charities on the first page alone.--Dmol 21:24, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Three examples of the term mentioning ticket sales.
- New Art Union now selling. Every ticket you buy is helping people breathe better.
- Enter CPL’s current Art Union to win one of five fantastic prize packages valued up to $40,000 – it’s your choice!
- I would like to purchase tickets at $50 each in the current Guide Dogs Queensland Art Union only.
- --Dmol 05:37, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- So is it ever not capitalised, or do we need to move it to Art Union? And, given the caps, are you sure this isn't the specific RSL organisation I mentioned above? Equinox ◑ 22:29, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- There are no citations in the entry, and the citations above do not seem to be durably archived. RFV-failed. - -sche (discuss) 20:30, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
discussion of RFV
This is rediculous. The term is in widespread use, in both capitalisations, and is easily found as such. I would like to object to this failing RFV. I'll get cites, but as it is widespread this should not be required.--Dmol 10:33, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
I have recreated art union with 4 citations. This should be enough for it to pass this time.--Dmol 11:29, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- The last two don't seem to be durably archived (by en.Wiktionary's definition of that term), but the first three look good. :) - -sche (discuss) 03:58, 18 August 2011 (UTC)