Talk:body substance isolation
The following information has failed Wiktionary's deletion process.
It should not be re-entered without careful consideration.
- Well from the page name, I would assume it's isolation of body substances, and it is! Hence delete. Mglovesfun (talk) 10:20, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- No it's not. "Take your body substance isolation precautions" means put on gloves, "Use appropriate TB BSI" means use a face mask. It means to put on a certain list of protective items, not isolate the sick. Isolate a body substance could mean quarantine a patient but BSI means to protect the responder only. Not the patient, nor the public and it means to use protective gear.Acdcrocks 18:27, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
- Delete. I was trying to explain the NISoP thing to this user under his previous name but I don't think he gets it. "It is a phrase that is used" isn't enough. In my area (comp sci rather than medicine) a similar example would be polymorphic constructor, which is nothing more or less than any constructor that is polymorphic. Yes, it's a phrase and is used, but it's not necessary in a dictionary. Equinox ◑ 21:37, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- Delete if (as I strongly suspect) it doesn't only mean "...with latex gloves..." but refers to any isolation of body substances.—msh210℠ (talk) 01:33, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- If you are going to get that specific, it means gloves. However non-latex is hardly ever used. Even if a patient has allergies, they medical centers are often covered in enough to set them off so they are given epinephrine. If the responder has an allergy, they usually have to tough it out or seek employment elsewhere.Acdcrocks 09:15, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- There are latex free safety gloves, I use them for work. I doubt that in this case it would no longer be called 'body substance isolation' because of the lack of latex in the gloves. Mglovesfun (talk) 14:48, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Delete —Saltmarshtalk-συζήτηση 06:24, 19 October 2011 (UTC)