The following information has failed Wiktionary's deletion process.
It should not be re-entered without careful consideration.
- Delete. Mglovesfun (talk) 09:01, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely SoP. Strong delete. ---> Tooironic 21:06, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
- Our definition of match is "Sporting event such as a boxing meet, a baseball game, or a cricket match". First of all, that last word should be changed, or the example removed. Second, if I'm not mistaken — and I know little about these things — a tennis match is a bunch of games whereas a cricket match is one. Is it simply that a match is all the games played in one, so to speak, sitting? Then the definition on match should say so. Otherwise, what is a match, precisely? Once we've pinned that down, yes, delete cricket match if it's SOP (as I suspect).—msh210℠ 15:33, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
- I am confused about why this is different from hockey puck. (I think both of them should be deleted, personally, but maybe there is a distinction I'm missing.) Ƿidsiþ 12:54, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- I don't follow you. What does hockey puck do? Ƿidsiþ 18:00, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- Delete, SoP and no-one is likely to think of lighting a grasshopper on fire. hockey puck is pretty weak, but does limit the sense of puck to the rubber disk and not the one you drop in the urinal... Facts707 12:28, 13 May 2010 (UTC)