Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

If a graduand is someone who has finished their studies but not yet graduated; a graduate is someone who has finished their studies and graduated; what is a the word for someone who is still studying, not yet finished their studies, not yet graduated. Surely not just 'student'? —This unsigned comment was added by (talk).

An undergraduate? \Mike 20:06, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
In American English, this sense “not yet completed studies” is generally not distinguished, and is referred to simply as “student” or “undergraduate” (as \Mike says) (or “post-graduate”, or “graduate student, post-graduate student”). Note also that American English does not distinguish graduand (that’s a British Commonwealth term, emerged 1882, apparently). If this distinction is drawn, you can say “enrolled, not yet finished, incomplete”, or even the technical pregraduate (unusual, AFAICT).
—Nils von Barth (nbarth) (talk) 21:39, 29 September 2010 (UTC)

The failure to use "from" with the verb is described to be thought by some to be uneducated. Note the irony. Terry Thorgaard (talk) 16:10, 14 September 2013 (UTC)