Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Jive" and "jibe" can be used interchangeably in the U.S. to indicate the concept "to agree or accord"; each has been used in that capacity for at least a hundred years stateside. However, "jibe" (or "gibe") is a pure Americanism and is unknown in other English-speaking countries.

This seems wrong to me and Merriam-Webster and Encarta. doesn't even list the intransitive verb form, and M-W doesn't think "jibe" is American-only, and "gibe" is NOT an alternative spelling of the intransitive verb form, it is only a mocking remark. likewise. offers an English derivation.

I'm deleting it. --Skierpage 11:11, 9 March 2006 (UTC)