Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

Does "rake klappen" belong on the English definition page?

RFV discussion[edit]

Keep tidy.svg

The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.

Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.

Rfv-sense jut out (ship’s bow or stern above keel)

Uhm... The portions of the hull on either end extending beyond the keel are the rakes, but that's a noun. A verb sense is to place out of square or out of plumb, especially at an acute angle, such as the bowsprit or masts which are often raked back or up (or, in some rigs such as the junk, raked forward). There's also the nautical sense of canonading so the shot ranges in the direction of her whole length (similar to enfilade, only afloat). (Overhangs/counters might be described as rakish as well, implying strength or speed, but I think this sense is pretty much wrong.) - Amgine/talk 21:36, 8 April 2010 (UTC)

RFV failed, sense/section removed. —RuakhTALK 13:57, 28 August 2010 (UTC)

Definition 6 is entirely nonsensical.

No, you just don't understand anything about cellular automata. Equinox 22:47, 8 November 2010 (UTC)


Some of the noun meanings (e.g. the one relating to the roof slope) given under etymology 1 probably belong under etymology 2. Jayen466 (talk) 12:09, 26 August 2014 (UTC)