Use this template to show the inflection of Catalan adjectives. For adjective forms, please use
The template adds the entry to Category:Catalan adjectives. As with other Wiktionary part of speech templates, please do not use
This template contains the necessary meta-data to allow users who are using accelerated editing to create any grammatical forms semi-automatically.
It uses Module:ca-headword as a back-end, which supports a general set of parameters applicable to all Catalan headword-line templates. See there for more information. The following parameters are available for adjectives specifically:
|1||The feminine singular form, if different from the default (see below). In addition to specifying the feminine form, this allows two special values:
|pl||Override the plural form, only for "mf" type adjectives. This is needed only for a few adjectives like qualsevol where the regular plural form is not correct.|
|pl2||Override the second masculine plural form, if the adjective has two such forms, only for "mf" type adjectives.|
If not specified, the feminine form is chosen by default based on some rules. These rules usually generate the correct form, but not always, so always check to see if it's correct!
- If the word ends in -a, -e or -o, replace it by -a, otherwise add -a to the word. Change the final consonant if necessary. (Note: if -c changes to -ga or -t changes to -da, the default will be incorrect, and needs to be overridden.)
- If the word ends a vowel with an acute or grave accent followed by -s (so -ós, -ès etc), the accent is removed and -a is added. (Note: if -s changes to -ssa, the default will be incorrect, and needs to be overridden.)
- If the word ends in -au, -eu, -iu or -ou, replace the -u with -va.
- If the word ends in a vowel with an acute or grave accent (-à, -ó and so on), remove the accent and add -na.
The plural is derived from the masculine or feminine form, based on the rules detailed at Template:ca-noun. The following additional rules exist, which derive the masculine plural form from the feminine singular:
- If the feminine ends in -ssa, the masculine plural is created by replacing -ssa with -ssos.
- If the feminine singular equals the masculine singular plus -na, then the masculine plural is formed by replacing -na with -ns.
- If the masculine singular ends in -ig, then a second masculine plural is created by replacing the -ja of the feminine form with -jos.
- If the feminine is specified as "mf" and the word ends in -ç, then the masculine plural replaces it with -ços and the feminine plural with -ces.