Forms with the definite article
This template is for Irish feminine nouns of the fifth declension.
The four positional parameters are obligatory; the named parameter
genpl is optional.
- Parameter 1 is the initial letter of the word (case-sensitive). If the first letter is s, then the first two letters of the word should be listed here.
- Parameter 2 is the nominative singular form of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s).
- Parameter 3 is the genitive singular form of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s).
- Parameter 4 is the plural of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s).
genplis the genitive plural of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s), if this is different from parameter 4 (i.e. in the case of a weak plural).
dat=should be followed by the complete dative singular form, omitting the initial letter(s) (if the noun has a distinct dative singular), or be omitted (if the noun has a dative singular identical in form to the nominative singular).
datoc=marks the circumstances under which the distinctive dative form occurs; it must be set to one of the following:
aif it occurs only in archaic and dialectal texts and not in the standard language at all;
pif it occurs in the standard language only in certain phrases;
sif it occurs in the standard language under all or almost all circumstances.
For uimhir, genitive uimhreach, plural uimhreacha, type:
For stiúir, genitive stiúrach, plural stiúracha, type:
For caora, genitive caorach, weak plural caoirigh, genitive plural caorach, type:
- Template:ga-decl-f5-nopl (for nouns without a plural)