Trotsky + -ite
Trotskyite (plural Trotskyites)
- An advocate of the communist doctrines of Leon Trotsky.
- 1939, H. G. Wells, The Fate of Man, Section 21,
- A great number of disillusioned young men in the Western world are saying now that it is Stalin who is to blame and proclaiming themselves Trotskyites.
an advocate of the communist doctrines of Leon Trotsky
- Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating the doctrines of Leon Trotsky.
- 1988, Edmund White, The Beautiful Room is Empty, New York: Vintage International, 1994, Chapter One,
- […] [her] father had fought in the Lincoln Brigade but now provided janitorial supplies to factories by day and attended Trotskyite meetings by night […]