See also: turkey
Borrowed from French Turquie, Medieval Latin Turcia, from Turcus (“Turk”), from Byzantine Greek Τοῦρκος (Toûrkos), from Persian ترک (Turk), from Middle Persian twlk' (Turk), from an Old Turkic autonym, Türk or Türük.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈtɜː.ki/
- (US) enPR: tûr'kē, IPA(key): /ˈtɝ.ki/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: turkey
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)ki
- Country at the intersection of Europe and Asia on the Mediterranean. Official name: Republic of Turkey.
country at intersection of Europe and Asia
- Appendix:Place names in Turkey
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Appendix:Countries of the world