Jump to navigation Jump to search
Late 14c., from Middle English Tuscan, Tuscane, from Old French Toscane or Italian Toscana, from Late Latin Tuscānus (“belonging to the Tusci”), a people of ancient Italy, from Tuscus, earlier *Truscus, shortened form of Etruscus (“Etruscan”).
- A region of Italy located north of Lazio and south of Emilia-Romagna.
region in Italy
- English terms inherited from Middle English
- English terms derived from Middle English
- English terms derived from Old French
- English terms derived from Italian
- English terms derived from Late Latin
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- en:Regions of Italy
- en:Places in Italy