U.S. of A.
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (informal) Informal reference to the U.S.A..
2005, Robert Ludlam, The Ambler Warning, page 190:
- We're making the U.S. of A. as strong as she ought to be.
- 2003, Propaganda: 20 years of the official U2 Magazine p. 130,
- Elvis Presley's genius was first captured by Sam Phillips in Sun Studios, all the way down in Memphis, in the southern states of the US of A, in 1956.'
1985, Barbara Savage, Miles from Nowhere: A Round the World Bicycle Adventure:
- News of my death would surely make the headlines in all the big newspapers back home in the US of A.