Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An international coalition, founded in 1945 and headquartered in New York City, that aims to promote global co-operation and maintain international order.
- 1950 September 1, Truman, Harry S., MP72-73 Korea and World Peace: President Truman Reports to the People, Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum, National Archives Identifier: 595162, 3:28 from the start:
- We hope in particular that the people of China will not be misled or forced into fighting against the United Nations and against the American people, who have always been and still are their friends.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:United Nations.
- United Nations at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “United Nations”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary
- “United Nations”, in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016, →ISBN.
- “United Nations”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “United Nations” in Oxford Learner's Dictionaries
- “United Nations” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- “United Nations, n.”, in OED Online , Oxford, Oxfordshire: Oxford University Press, launched 2000.