|This is a Wiktionary user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wiktionary, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wiktionary itself. The original page is located at.
- Amount of Danish lemmas: 11,744
|Search user languages or scripts|
I've been here since 29 March 2014, but changed accounts a few times. I mostly edit and create English and Danish entries, as well as some for Spanish, French, and other Latin-based languages. You might see me create others, but not nearly as often. I also patrol recent changes a lot, and regularly revert vandalism when I see it.
I was born in 23 May 1999, having the same birthday (but not birth year) as Equinox. I'm from South Carolina, United States, but I go back and forth between SC and Ohio for family reasons. Unfortunately, despite loving linguistics, geography, culture, and history, I have never had a chance to leave the country as of yet. As far as gender, you can refer to me as he, she, or they. It doesn't really matter, as long as you don't say it. I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in history.
Though I prematurely made a lot of alternate accounts here on the first year active, I am no longer doing this. Lots of people were annoyed by it, which is understandable. I was younger and a lot more prone to immature behavior than I am now. Such alternative accounts included LalalalaSta, Ready Steady Yeti, NativeCat, and TheMax95. I think I might be missing some too...
I am quite addicted to editing Wiktionary to the point that it sometimes becomes a personal problem. It's so much fun, though, and I can't imagine ever permanently leaving the project.
I am also a gamer. I'm primarily active in the tool-assisted speedrun community. On the TASVideos website, I am a vested editor and player. Hopefully, one day I'll become a judge, which means I'd get the ability to judge which movies are published there and which aren't. If you're interested in seeing my activities and such there, see this page. For my YouTube channel, see here.
Anyway, that's about it. For anything you need to talk to me about concerning Wiktionary, or even otherwise, please direct it to my talk page.
- - pigsit: To babysit a dog, especially a pig.
- - Democratic Language of the Congo
- plurals - "plural of plural"
- singulars - "plural of singular"
- deep of night/deep of the night
- higher court/lower court
- paper cut as a verb, and more alt forms for both POSes
- hex nut
- Heisenberg cut
- Heisenberg group
- Heisenberg model
- Heisenberg picture
- Heisenberg representation
- Scotia lox, some kind of salmon or something
- farmer ant, farming ant, ant farmer, what is the relationship between all these?
- class picture, could it be SOP/not a set phrase?
- senior correspondent, SOP? Set phrase?
- senior mixer...?????
- schmutzed - dirty
- to schmutz - to get dirty(?)
- extra credit - SOP? Set phrase?
- breath mint
- potas. - potassium, but there's already potass in Translingual
- good bit - MAYBE merits an entry; it is pretty common
- mad skills - common collocation
- brain freezer - something that gives you a brain freeze?
- brain freeze as a verb
- sicle as slang for "popsicle"? - Regular Show, episode "Cool Cubed": "Let's blowtorch this sicle stand."
- trust fall as a verb
- trust faller, someone who trust falls
- fight sleep, to try hard to stay awake for long periods of time, is it SOP?
- Boy Scouting
- eye contact as a rare verb?
- bodyswap verb, bodyswapper, bodyswapping
- anywhere near?
- good game
- wing out - same episode
- this good green Earth - like god's green Earth, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9)
- bank shot - Regular Show, "Bank Shot" (S5E10)
- bank-shooting, bank-shoot
- bless my pigskin - Regular Show, "The Thanksgiving Special"
- hammie - crotch?
- documentary hypothesis, see documentary hypothesis
- supplementary hypothesis, see supplementary hypothesis
- fragmentary hypothesis
- skin condition
- belt sander
- say stuff
- hold still
- big dog
- lemony-fresh - Invader Zim, "Germs" (S1E4A); "lemony-fresh victory"
- shrink gun
- shrink ray
- with one's own eyes
- at one's will
- at one's own risk/at one's own peril
- take one in the bobo? Harvey Birdman S!E3, "Shaggy Busted"
- Nariño, see Nariño
- open the books
- get made
- for a living
- it's a living
- stick with the kid
- girl thing, girl time, euphemistic for menstrual period
- Cabomba, genus and English noun, remind me
- disambig, work hard to find citations, there have to be 3!
- composition notebook, see composition book
- comp. notebook
- comp. NB
Unattested hall of fame
These are all not attested, but should be.
- occupato, synonym of ocupado derived from Italian, used in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law episode "Incredible Hippo", but does not seem attested
- vacaneymoon (vacation + honeymoon) DAMNIT not attested, two cites, # A vacation that is also a honeymoon.
- speedrunnable - able to be speedran
- robey - this is something my family and I always said to mean robe (adding the diminutive suffix)
- voicey as a noun - diminutive of voice
- fing - I found this on a Zaxby's receipt: as written, "5 Fing Plate 8.49". It is a clipping of finger, very rare and probably only used on things like receipts. So, unfortunately, no attestation found.
- brospect - blend of bro + respect. Found in Regular Show episode "Steak Me Amadeus". That's the only citation though; two on Groups but only 1 is Usenet but the Usenet one only counts as a mention! DAAAAYUM IT!!!
- parkiversary - an anniversary at a park, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9), nowhere else to be found
- done-dotta, it's a shame... I had 3 cites, but one is used adjectivally DAMN IT!!!
- pumpkinier, pumpkiniest, nonstandard forms of pumpkiny, both only have 2 available citations
- hypernymically, mentioned in Wiktionary itself on a few occasions
- Nilep, User:Cnilep's unattested surname
- ethnosymptomatology, neologism
- bouqueter, from Harvey Birdman S1E4
- idiotistical, synonym of idiotistic
- countryball, synonym of Polandball
Some interesting things
- Template:&lit should not be used on entries such as learning permits, because it would require making an entire unnecessary POS heading. "They all got learning permits this week." is using learning permits as a plural noun phrase, while "I will learn about Wiktionary as much as learning permits." is a...regular phrase.
- As a kid, I always assumed finger was constructed like fing + -er. So I was like, if it's a finger, what does it fing? This was before I knew to look at etymologies.
Clean this up
For my convenience...
- A surname.