Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- aphasia - (patology) A partial or total loss of language skills due to brain damage.
- anthropology - (study) The holistic scientific and social study of humanity, mainly using ethnography as its method.
- aposiopesis - (rhetoric) An abrupt breaking-off in speech.
- chiasmus - (grammar) An inversion of the relationship between the elements of phrases.
- contronym - (semantics) Word with multiple meanings, one of which is defined as the reverse of one of its other meanings.
- cosmogony - (philosophy) Any specific theory, model, myth, or other account of the origin of the universe.
- demonym - (semantics) A name for an inhabitant or native of a specific place that is derived from the name of the place.
- epicene - (linguistics) Having only one form of the word, which serves as both masculine and feminine, even for either male or female referents.
- hermeneutics - (study) The study or theory of the methodical interpretation of text, especially holy texts.
- idiolect - (linguistics) The language variant used by a specific individual.
- interrobang - (punctuation) The symbol ‽ (combination of ? and !).
- metathesis - (linguistics) The transposition of letters, syllables or sounds within a word.
- parataxis - (grammar) Speech or writing in which clauses or phrases are placed together without being separated by conjunctions.
- syncretism - (linguistics) The fusion of different inflexional forms.