|← Previous (2009-07-14)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2009-07-15
||→ Next (2009-07-16)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words, lacking English entries in the English Wiktionary as of the most recent database dump, found in the 2009-07-15 issue of the New York Times (2009-08-19).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can be removed, or sequestered at the bottom of the list if annotation is needed.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in many cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
Clicking an "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
False blue links (entries that exist but lack a section for the appropriate language) are marked with a "*".
104697 tokens ‧ 62529 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 7606 types ‧ 23 (~ 0.302%) words before cleaning ‧
- anciens *
2009 July 15, George Vecsey, “Nod to the Past Stirs Memories of a Friend”, New York Times:add
- But on Bastille Day, the day of the revolution, cyclists tootled through the beautiful countryside and tried to avoid catching the wheel of their copains, their buddies, and just rode the Tour, the way les anciens did many decades ago.
2009 July 15, Dennis Hevesi, “Harry Edelstein, 91, Host of Popular Polish Tea Room, Dies”, New York Times:add
- Latkes, matzo brei, borscht, stuffed cabbage, corned beef, pastrami, an assortment of soups and eggs over easy (or any other style) were also menu favorites.
- copains *
- goto *
2009 July 15, “Footnotes”, New York Times:add
- More Articles in Arts » <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_click.html?type=goto&opzn&page=www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/arts&pos=SFMiddle&sn2=d5363d77/3139fd95&sn1=1de198d8/2785e653&camp=Audi_2009_07_1006971_nyt6&ad=Audi_ROS_300x250.html_2009&goto=http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N339.nytimes.com/B3326263.5;sz=300x250;ord=2009.07.15.06.02.27?"
2009 July 15, Florence Fabricant, “Off the Menu”, New York Times:add
- Timing Your Social Security Benefits David Brooks: The Way We Live Now Making Horses Gallop and Audiences Cry Illnesses Afflict Homes With a Criminal Past Watching Whales Watching Us Bob Herbert: Chutzpah on Steroids IPhone Apps to Organize Your Life Vocal Minority Insists It Was All Smoke and Mirrors Frank Rich: She Broke the G.O.P. and Now She Owns It Episcopal Bishops May End Gay Ban Go to Complete List » C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders Web Traffic (or Lack of) May Be a Reason for a Columnist's Dismissal Senators Stake Out Positions as Sotomayor Hearings Start Goldman Reports Big Profit, Beating Forecasts Exxon to Invest Millions to Make Fuel From Algae Iraq, a Land Between 2 Rivers, Suffers as One of Them Dwindles Vocal Minority Insists It Was All Smoke and Mirrors Obama Faces Hurdles in Closing Guantnamo TV Journalist Wounded in Iraq Returns to the War Bill Seeks to End Antibiotic Use to Spur Animal Growth Go to Complete List » palin michael jackson july 3, 2009 cancer china obama modern love health tim hortons harry potter Go to Complete List » Christian Lacroix: Cheers and a Few Tears Also in Global Style »
- jackson *
- july *
2009 July 15, Joyce Hor-Chung Lau, “Courtroom Circus: A Feng Shui Master and a $4 Billion Estate”, New York Times:add
- He was rekidnapped in 1990, and never seen again.
- roule *
2009 July 15, Dominick Tao, “Missing, With Alzheimer’s Disease, During a Summer Storm”, New York Times:add
- Past Coverage Night Care (June 14, 2009) VITAL SIGNS; Prelude to Alzheimer's Memory Trouble (May 5, 2009) MODERN LOVE; A Memory Magically Interrupted (March 22, 2009) Change in Rules May Pose Stark Choice for the Chronically Ill (January 24, 2009) Related Searches Elderly Get E-Mail Alerts Alzheimer's Disease Get E-Mail Alerts Police Department (NYC) Get E-Mail Alerts Upper East Side (NYC) Get E-Mail Alerts Next Article in New York Region (11 of 21) » <A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N5092.newyorktimes/B3669393.4;sz=300x250;ord=2009.07.15.06.01.26?"
- tim *