|Search user languages or scripts|
Hi, I'm a Wiktionary editor particularly interested in etymology and linguistic evolution, and focus mostly on Romance languages, along with some other Indo-European languages. I'm in the U.S., with background in Romania, Greece, and Italy.
To do list
- Finally made a user page after six years.
- Add most of the basic lexicon for major Romance languages- mostly done (finished adding Friulian, known Dalmatian, Istriot, and Latin part of Aromanian, as well as Romanian).
- Worked on some Albanian terms of Latin origin or ones with cognates in Romanian.
- Add translations for several basic Romance words.
- Work on ensuring a consistent set of etymologies in the chain from modern languages to Proto-Indo-European reconstructions- sort of a side project.
- Adding related/derived terms to English entries, especially those taken from French/Latin.
- Sort (mostly Romance) entries out by inherited versus borrowed following the policy enactment. May take quite a while. Less than halfway done. Looking at a couple thousand more entries... sigh. I am mainly focusing on the inherited cores of each language, as opposed to the greater amounts of later borrowings, which other people can maybe address.
- Sort out some Germanic and Slavic language etymologies.
- Maybe work on some Vulgar Latin reconstructed forms at some point.