User talk:Erik Warmelink
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Please do not remove citations or formatting templates when you make spelling corrections. --EncycloPetey 16:50, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Well, according to the history I did remove them, but I didn't intend to remove them.
- What I did:
- Obviously something went wrong, I'll try again, using "show changes" before I save.
- My apologies, I can't imagine how that went wrong, because the deletions are above and below the changed line, which somewhat rules out a clicko. --Erik Warmelink 17:05, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- It looked like an unintentional error, which is why I brought it to your attention. Thanks for spotting the error! --EncycloPetey 17:13, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Well, thank you for spotting my error (which was quite a bit larger ;-)), --Erik Warmelink 17:15, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Another user, Ivan Štambuk, has come up with a compromise. I've already stated that I would be fine with his compromise. You can find the discussion here. Also, in the future, I would appreciate if you would refrain from making personal attacks when making rebutting my arguments. If you really wish to know, I am often tired from a long day's work when I check my watchlist. So, yes, I may occasionally make elementary mistakes when engaging in discourse in my mother tongue, English. I'm sure you do as well. Tharthan (talk) 17:42, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I make mistakes too, but I'll probably never rollback with an erroneous summary. --220.127.116.11 04:54, 14 November 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough.
Note: this user is permanently blocked
This user (and this account) has been permanently blocked globally. Editing without a username, the user has also gotten himself a permanent local block. See User talk:18.104.22.168 (permalink). - -sche (discuss) 05:07, 30 November 2013 (UTC)