Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Walpurgis night, a feast of witchcraft in German folklore; any orgiastic or bacchanalian party.
1942, West, Rebecca, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon: A Journey Through Yugoslavia, Canongate, published 2006, page 365:
- The proper sequel to the Walpurgisnacht obsequies of Franz Ferdinand would have been the dismissal of Prince Montenuovo...
1969-12-25, Burton H. Wolfe, “Introduction”, in The Satanic Bible, Avon, OL 7431405M:
- On the last night of April 1966 — Walpurgisnacht, the most important festival in the lore of magic and witchcraft — LaVey ritualistically shaved his head in accordance with magical tradition and announced the formation of the Church of Satan.
- Walpurgisnacht in Duden online
Walpurgisnacht m or f (in variation) (uncountable)
- Walpurgis night (a feast of witchcraft in German folklore)