The following information passed a request for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, though feel free to discuss its conclusions.
In my opinion this information does not belong on English Wiktionary. DAVilla 18:16, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- My only concern is that at present the various Wikisaurus templates have no little to no support for linking directly to the foreign language section of entries. However, that is purely a technical issue. While I don't expect to engage in building such entries myself, I see no harm caused by those who wish to assemble foreign language thesaurus entries. Unless a stronger reason than "I don't like them" can be offered, Keep — Carolina wren discussió 18:56, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Keep, on the assumption that Wikisaurus should better be multilingual, like Wiktionary. However, this RFD is precedent-making, as there is AFAIK no policy on whether Wikisaurus should be multilingual, and there has been no RFD on a non-English Wikisaurus entry before. It seems to me that this issue should better be decided in Beer Parlour or through voting on policy, as it is the multilinguality of Wikisaurus by and large which is in question, not the particular entry. And this particular entry does a poor job at showing the best promises of multilingual entries, unlike Wikisaurus:příbuzný. See also the recent discussion "Wikisaurus - non-English entries" at Beer Parlour.--Dan Polansky 16:58, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Keep. Wiktionary has foreign languages, why shouldn't Wikisaurus? — [ ric ] opiaterein — 12:42, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- (Keep, but) bring to the BP.—msh210℠ 18:57, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Wouldn't using the same system as the Rhymes: namespace be a bit more intuitive? Circeus 23:42, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Kept. (There has been no discussion AFAIK in the BP, incidentally.)—msh210℠ 19:52, 22 June 2009 (UTC)