Wiktionary:Pronunciation file requests
Here you can request recordings of English words or phrases for use in Wiktionary. See pronunciation files requests on Commons and the interwiki links for sound files in other languages.
List the word you wish pronounced below and, if you like, a link to your user page so we can notify you when your sound file is ready.
There is huge backlog at Category:Requests for audio pronunciation by language. Please consider helping clearing the backlog. For infomation on how to record and upload, see Help:Audio pronunciations.
|Oldest US English requests|
No pages meet these criteria.
Automated list of requests: Category:Requests for audio pronunciation by language
To make a request, add in the "Requests" section.
*[[Word]], ~~~~ *[[Word]] / [[Word]] / [[Word]], ~~~~
If you wish to participate in this project add your name below:
- The New Mikemoral ♪♫ -- US English
- Andrew Krizhanovsky -- Russian
- Gabriel Sjöberg -- US English, neutral (Central Midland) dialect
- Akshay Deokar -- Hindi,Marathi
- Marco Beck -- Kiwi English
- Screw dog -- Australian English
- Dex -- US English, neutral (Northern California) dialect
- Anna -- Latvian, Russian
- Millennia Man -- Canadian English, plus U.S. and U.K. English
- SinsOfSeven -- English(various)
- BirdHopper -- US English
- LegionMammal978 -- US English
- PixieV -- UK English
- HappyMidnight -- Korean, Repubiic of Korea
- BenYaMan -- UK English (RP)
- JonRichfield -- Afrikaans
- Justinrleung -- Canadian English, Cantonese
- Pius Mau Piailug, need en-US .ogg file for biography of this man; help appreciated. Newportm 21:36, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- ru:w:Ю́лий О́сипович Ма́ртов for its biographical articles (I apologize in advance in case this is not the right place to request such a recording).--Rowanwindwhistler (talk) 21:55, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- ru:w:Ве́ра Ива́новна Засу́лич, same as last, thank you.--Rowanwindwhistler (talk) 21:55, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- ru:w:Па́вел Бори́сович Аксельро́д, same as previous one, thank you.--Rowanwindwhistler (talk) 21:55, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- ru:w:Гео́ргий Валенти́нович Плеха́нов, last for the time being, thanks a lot!--Rowanwindwhistler (talk) 21:55, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- الله أكبر (Arabic)
- Strathclyde. The IPA on Wikipedia doesn't help. I have no idea how to pronounce this. PseudoSkull (talk) 03:01, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
- I added the pronunciation for the English word as per Merriam-Webster; it looks like the pronunciation you're referring to is for Srath Chluaidh, not Strathclyde. I created an entry for it and copied over the IPA, but good luck finding someone to pronounce that correctly... Pariah24 22:47, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- ancora and ancora (Italian) please record a file for each of the two etymologies (Etymology 1=Stress:àncora; Etymology 2=stress: ancóra), for easier learning by non-native speakers, for the distinction between the two allophones of the letter "o" (the "o" in the etymology 1 is slightly different from the one of the etymology 2) and the three allophones of the letter "a" (the pronucniation of the first "a" of the etymology 1 is the same of the second "a" of the etymology 2, the second "a" of the etymology 1, instead, is slightly different in tone (slightly lower), and the first "a" of the etymology 2 is more similar to the IPA phoneme "ʌ" in the English "cup"). --DelvecchioSimone12 5 96 (talk) 12:57, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
- United Arab Emirates. The current audio file,
, is mispronounced. Wrong stress on Emirates. —Stephen (Talk) 08:14, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- Category:English acronyms
- Category:English heteronyms
- w:List of names in English with non-intuitive pronunciations
- Words starting with "kn"
- Words starting with "wr"
- Appendix:English pronunciation Words used in the pronunciation key.
- Other languages: "In other languages" sidebar of this page.