User:WF on Holiday/Comp
I'd like to call this game something snappy like "idi-emoji", but with a better name. Maybe "Dr. Wonderfool's Brand-New Emoji Challenge". Anyway, it's like Pictionary or Catchphrase. Let's try to explain.
- The aim of the game is to use emoji to represent an idiom or a phrase. One player writes a string of emoji, and the others try to guess what it is. Players get points if they guess the phrase, and the Gamesmaster gets points depending on how many players solve the riddle. Players email the Gamesmaster with their answers.
- Step 1: Wonderfool writes some strings of emoji on the game page
- Step 2: Other players send an email to Wonderfool with their ideas, and after a period of, say, 24 hours, Wonderfool releases the answers of all the players.
- Step 3: the answers are revealed.
- piece of cake
- fall on deaf ears
- kidney bean (What, can't you see? A child is a kid, a knee is part of the leg, and you throw your litter in the bin.) kid-knee-bin...kidney bean
- there's no fool like an old fool
- Step 4: how the points system works
- All guessers get 10 points for each right answer.
- Wonderfool gets 10 points for fall on deaf ears and there's no fool like an old fool, as someone, but not everyone guessed them
- Wonderfool loses 2 points for piece of cake as it's so easy that everyone could easily get it
- Wonderfool gets nothing for kidney bean, coz it's too obscure.
- Step 5: repeat, with a different user doing the emoji-diom
- Step 6: do a few more rounds, or whatever...
- 🚫👩👵🥤 🍳🍳
- Ungoliant MMDCCLXIV gets max points (40, was it?)
1) pumpkin head 2) to bear fruit 3) don't try to teach grandma how to suck eggs 4) one for the road
- The answers were:
But I can't read the emails that were sent. So give yourself points.
Someone else can make it this time.