Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
This is a list of all the archived votes.
- The votes are sorted by the actual closing date (the date of the message sent by the person who closed the vote, in the Result section), not the closing date that was initially scheduled.
- When no closing date is available (e.g., for votes that never started), it was attempted to find an approximate closing date based on when the vote was last edited by the creator and subsequent editors.
- When vote didn't pass, and the number of supports is approximately between 40% and 66.6% (or higher), the vote has "no consensus" as the result listed here, even if the given result in the vote page is "failed". (this is a minor semantic distinction, either way the vote didn't pass)
- The rules above may vary as different people archive more votes using different rules.
- This is a complete list of past votes, fully revised as of August 2016, with one exception: it lacks some old sysop votes, which are found at Wiktionary:Administrators/Archive.
List of votes
|Mar 11||First letter capitalization||passed|
|Jan 10||Removing label proscribed from entries||failed|
|Jan 25||Division of Church Slavonic languages||failed|
|Jan 31||Voting limits||proposal 1 passed
proposal 2 failed
|Feb 20||Policy on place names||passed|
|Feb 28||Dominic for de-admin||passed|
|Mar 2||"References" and "External sources"||passed, except point 4|
|Mar 8||Boldface in image captions||option 1 failed,
option 2 no consensus
|Mar 15||Glyph origin||passed|
|Mar 16||Trimming CFI for Wiktionary is not an encyclopedia 2||passed|
|Apr 5||Richardb for de-admin||passed|
|Apr 13||User:HannesPBot for bot status||passed|
|Apr 14||"External sources", "External links", "Further information" or "Further reading"||"Further reading" passed|
|Apr 14||User:Robbie SWE for admin||passed|
Lists of votes: