Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (euphemistic) The word ass or arse, asshole or arsehole.
- (euphemistic, Christianity) The word alleluia, typically in the context of Lent since the Lenten liturgies of various Christian churches omit the alleluia.
- Any word beginning with a that is not normally taboo but is considered (often humorously) to be so in the given context.
- 2010, Ken Siri, “Diagnosis and Evaluation—Formation”, in 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Boys, page 17:
- Specialists sometimes choose PDD-NOS instead of an autism diagnosis because they are afraid that the “a-word” frightens patients.
- (‘x’-word euphemisms) a-word, b-word, c-word, d-word, e-word, f-word, g-word / G-word, h-word, i-word, j-word, k-word, l-word, m-word, n-word, o-word, p-word, q-word / Q-word, r-word, s-word, t-word, u-word, v-word, w-word, x-word; see also C-bomb, f-bomb, f-slur, L-bomb, n-bomb, r-slur