Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌæbˈstɹækt əˈweɪ/, /əb-/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌæbˈstrækt əˈweɪ/, /ˈæbˌstrækt əˈweɪ/, /əb-/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: ab‧stract away
- (transitive) To generalize concepts or their application by using abstraction into a more usable form.
- 1903, George R. Montgomery, The Place of Values: An Essay in Epistemological Analysis, page 39:
- It is abstract but purposely so because it stands for only part of consciousness or reality, abstracted away.
- 2006, Simon Brown, Pro JSP 2:
- Tag files provide a very simple way for content and functionality to be abstracted away from JSP pages and into reusable components.
- 2013, Casimer DeCusatis, Handbook of Fiber Optic Data Communication::
- State collection and dissemination have been abstracted away from the application by the common-map abstraction.
- (transitive, by extension) To ignore, to omit.
- 2003, Hongji Yang, Successful Evolution of Software Systems, page 268:
- Therefore, in a high-level specification, these details are unnecessary and should be abstracted away.
to generalize concepts or their application by using abstraction