Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (pathology, obsolete) Excessive eating due to a lack of the sensation of satiety.
- 1856, Richard Dennis Hoblyn, A dictionary of terms used in medicine and the collateral sciences:
- ACORIA (a, priv.; κορεα, to satisfy). Insatiable hunger.
- 1908, Sir William Osler, Modern Medicine, Its Theory and Practice:
- By acoria is meant that condition in which there is an absence of the sensation of satiety.
- 1913, George Roe Lockwood, Diseases of the Stomach: Including Dietetic and Medicinal Treatment, page 544:
- Acoria consists in the absence of normal sense of satiety after eating, so that the patient never knows when hunger is appeased.
acoria f (plural acorie)