Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒst
- (nonstandard, dialect) Alternative form of
- 1904, Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond), The Magnetic North:
- Now ye sling a couple o' saplings acrost the durrt ye've chucked out.
- 1905, Booth Tarkington, The Conquest of Canaan:
- It's in that little brick buildin' straight acrost from the sheriff's door o' the jail--ye've been neighbors this long time!
- 1913, Horace Annesley Vachell, Bunch Grass:
- I'll jest sashay acrost the track an' give 'em my regards."