Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
admiration (plural admirations)
- A positive emotion including wonder and approbation; the regarding of another as being wonderful
- admiration of a beautiful person
- They looked at the landscape in admiration.
- (obsolete) Wonder or questioning, without any particular positive or negative attitude to the subject.
- (obsolete) Cause of admiration; something to excite wonder, or pleased surprise.
- Now, good Lafeu, bring in the admiration.
admiration f (plural admirations)
- Plein d’admiration pour son adversaire, chacun lève sa propre visière : "Elsseneur ! ...", "Réginald ! ..." (Les Chants de Maldoror - Chant V) - Full of admiration for his enemy, ...