Named for the type locality at Adular, Switzerland.
adularia (plural adularias)
- A variety of orthoclase feldspar found as colorless to white prismatic crystals in cavities in metamorphic rocks. Some specimens reflect a bluish sheen along crystal faces. This phenomenon is called adularescence, and adularia with this property is called moonstone. (See sanidine).
variety of orthoclase feldspar
- “Adularia” in David Barthelmy, Webmineral Mineralogy Database, 1997–.
- adularia mindat.org, Hudson Institute of Mineralogy, accessed 29 August 2016
From Adular, a Swiss locality.
adularia f (plural adularie)
- (mineralogy) adularia
- First-person singular (eu) conditional indicative of adular
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) conditional indicative of adular
adularia f (plural adularias)
- adularia (variety of orthoclase feldspar)