See also: after-glow
afterglow (plural afterglows)
- The glow seen in the sky after sunset.
- The light emitted by an incandescent object while cooling.
- The light emitted by a phosphor after excitation.
- The mildly euphoric feeling experienced after a pleasurable experience, especially after an orgasm or drug-induced high.
- An afterparty. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (party): afterparty
glow in the sky after sunset
light emitted by a cooling object
light emitted by a phosphor after excitation
afterparty — see afterparty