Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In front of.
- A hill loomed ahead of them.
- He's giving a series of concerts in London ahead of his international tour.
- In the future of.
- You have a long trip ahead of you.
- Peter has a lot of work ahead of him.
- In advance of.
- I arrived at the suite half an hour ahead of Jack.
- Having made more progress than.
- He is far ahead of his class in math.
2012 August 21, Pilkington, Ed, “Death penalty on trial: should Reggie Clemons live or die?”, The Guardian:
- The Reggie Clemons case has been a cause of legal dispute for the past two decades. Prosecutors alleged that he and his co-defendants brutally cut short the lives of Julie and Robin Kerry, sisters who had just started college and had their whole adult lives ahead of them.