Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pronunciation spelling of .
- 1897, W. Somerset Maugham, Liza of Lambeth:
- 'Git aht!' said Liza, pushing him away, not too gently.
- 1909, H. G. Wells, Ann Veronica:
- "Kick aht at 'em!" though, indeed, she went now with Christian meekness, resenting only the thrusting policemen's hands.
- 1916, Various, Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 150, February 23, 1916:
- "Look aht, Percy," enjoined a hollow but reassuring voice, "'ere comes another!"
aht n (plural ahturi)