Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Airport
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɛə.pɔːt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɛɹ.pɔɹt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
airport (plural airports)
- An airfield (an area designated for the takeoff and landing of aircraft), including one or more runways and (for commercial airports) one or more passenger terminals.
- 23 June 2018, “Heathrow expansion to mainly benefit wealthy frequent fliers, research finds”, in The Independent:
- Because of this, and contrary to popular belief, British airports primarily act as giant wealth extractors, transporting our richest citizens out of the country as often as possible to take their money overseas.
place designated for airplanes