Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To merge, to combine, to blend, to join.
- to amalgamate two races; to amalgamate one race with another
- Ingratitude is indeed their four cardinal virtues compacted and amalgamated into one.
- To make an alloy of a metal and mercury.
- (transitive, mathematics) To combine (free groups) by identifying respective isomorphic subgroups.
- (to merge): mix
- (to merge): separate
to combine or blend
to make an alloy of mercury and another metal