Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment.
an amorous disposition
We were both feeling amorous so the inevitable happened.
1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter V, in The Younger Set (Project Gutenberg; EBook #14852), New York, N.Y.: A. L. Burt Company, published 1 February 2005 (Project Gutenberg version), OCLC 4241346:
- Breezes blowing from beds of iris quickened her breath with their perfume; she saw the tufted lilacs sway in the wind, and the streamers of mauve-tinted wistaria swinging, all a-glisten with golden bees; she saw a crimson cardinal winging through the foliage, and amorous tanagers flashing like scarlet flames athwart the pines.
- Indicating love or sexual desire.
She kept making these amorous suggestions.
- Of or relating to, or produced by, love.
She read me an amorous poem.
- (dated) Affected with love; in love; enamored.
He had been amorous of her since schooldays.
inclined to love
indicating love or sexual desire
of or relating to, or produced by, love
affected with love