Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment.
- an amorous disposition; We were both feeling amorous so the inevitable happened.
- 1907, Robert W. Chambers, chapter V, The Younger Set:
- Breezes blowing from beds of iris quickened her breath with their perfume; she saw the tufted lilacs sway in the wind, and the streamers of mauve-tinted wistaria swinging, all a-glisten with golden bees; she saw a crimson cardinal winging through the foliage, and amorous tanagers flashing like scarlet flames athwart the pines.
- Indicating love or sexual desire.
- She kept making these amorous suggestions.
- Of or relating to, or produced by, love.
- She read me an amorous poem.
- (dated) Affected with love; in love; enamored.
- He had been amorous of her since schooldays.
inclined to love
indicating love or sexual desire
of or relating to, or produced by, love
affected with love