Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Archaic spelling of among.
1838, American Anti-Slavery Society, The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Part 2 of 4:
- He looked round amoung the slaves again, and inquired for Harry.
1924, Samuel Derieux, “The Trial in Tom Belchers' Store”, in O Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1919:
- There was a slight shuffling movement amoung the men crowded about.
2004, Chartered Management Institute, “Published reports”, in The Business Energy Survey (2004):
- An assessment of the motivation and energy levels found amoung UK managers, based on a survey of over 1,500.
2011, Hackney.gov.uk, “Markets”, in Shop front traders:
- Shops, cafes and bars that trade on Hackney's streets are required by law to have a licence. This includes tables and chairs and fruit and veg stalls, amoung others.