Jump to navigation Jump to search
- amyle (dated)
amyl (plural amyls)
- (dated, organic chemistry) pentyl
- (informal) amyl nitrite
- 1971, Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, New York: Popular Library, →ISBN, page 4:
- We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
amyl (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to starch
- Welsh: aml
|Middle Welsh mutation|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- R. J. Thomas, G. A. Bevan, P. J. Donovan, A. Hawke et al., editors (1950–present), “aml”, in Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru Online (in Welsh), University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh & Celtic Studies