Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
anarch (plural anarchs)
- The author of anarchy; one who excites revolt.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)
- 1830, George Gordon Byron, Thomas Moore (editor), poem fragment, Letters and Journals of Lord Byron: With Notices of His Life, Volume 1, page 302,
- One rank'd in some recording page / With the worst anarchs of the age, / Him wilt thou know — and, knowing, pause,
- 1969, Henry Miller, The Books in My Life, page 82,
- Every genuine boy is a rebel and an anarch. If he were allowed to develop according to his own instincts, his own inclinations, society would undergo such a radical transformation as to make the adult revolutionary cower and cringe.
- 1910, Elbert Hubbard, Fra Magazine: A Journal of Affirmation, January 1910 to June 1910, page One Hundred,
- As all the world knows, Emma Goldman is the chief anarch of her time.