Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Ancient or antiquated; old; prehistoric.
- Supremely dated.
- Those ideas are antediluvian.
- Pertaining or belonging to the time period prior to a great or destructive flood or deluge.
- (biblical) Pertaining or belonging to the time prior to Noah's Flood.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:antediluvian.
extremely ancient or antiquated; old; prehistoric
pertaining or belonging to the time period prior to a great or destructive flood or deluge
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
antediluvian (plural antediluvians)
- One who lived prior to Noah's Flood.