Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
anterograde (not comparable)
- (medicine) Effective immediately after a traumatic event such as an external shock.
- Anterograde amnesia is a loss of the ability to create new memories after the event that caused the amnesia.
- (medicine) Moving or occurring in the normal forward or downstream direction of.
- Movement of mitochondria and other cell parts from a neuron's cell body toward the synapse is called anterograde transport.
- Anterograde tracing is a research technique which is used to trace neural connections from their source to their point of termination. The opposite technique is retrograde tracing.
medicine: taking place immediately after a traumatic event
medicine: moving or occurring in the normal forward or downstream direction of