Jump to navigation Jump to search
- having characteristics of a human, usually in terms of shape or appearance
- having characteristics of an ape
having characteristics of a human, usually in terms of shape or appearance
having characteristics of an ape
anthropoid (plural anthropoids)
- An anthropoid animal.
- 1912 October, Edgar Rice Burroughs, “Tarzan of the Apes”, in The All-Story, New York, N.Y.: Frank A. Munsey Co., OCLC 17392886; republished as chapter 1, in Tarzan of the Apes, New York, N.Y.: A. L. Burt Company, 1914, OCLC 1224185:
- The tribe of anthropoids over which Kerchak ruled with an iron hand and bared fangs, numbered some six or eight families, each family consisting of an adult male with his females and their young, numbering in all some sixty or seventy apes.
an anthropoid animal
- anthropoid at OneLook Dictionary Search