Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
antiphonal (plural antiphonals)
- A book of antiphons or anthems sung or chanted at a liturgy; an antiphonary or antiphoner.
- An antiphon; a piece sung or chanted in an antiphonal manner.
a book of antiphons
antiphon — see antiphon
antiphonal (not comparable)
- (music) Characterized by antiphones or antiphony; incorporating alternate, or responsive singing by a choir split into two parts.
- The antiphonal hymn was sung regularly at church.
characterized by antiphones or antiphony
- “antiphonal” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.