Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Horrifying and astonishing.
- That was an appalling waste of money.
- Extremely bad; terrible
- 2018 May 26, Daniel Taylor, “Liverpool go through after Mohamed Salah stops Manchester City fightback”, in The Guardian (London):
- Karius has too much previous for this to be considered a one-off and, as goalkeeping mistakes go, his errors in the 51st and 83rd minutes were as bad as one another. In fact, they were not just bad. They were appalling, so wretched it was difficult to recall a worse goalkeeping performance in any major final through the years.
- Not to be confused with appealing.
That appalls/appals or appall/appal