Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- appurtenaunce (obsolete)
Audio (Northern California, US) (file)
appurtenance (plural appurtenances)
- An appendage added to something else.
- (in the plural) Equipment used for some specific task; gear.
- The thing to which another pertains.
- (law) Minor property (such as an outhouse) that passes with the main property when it is sold.
- (grammar) A modifier that is appended or prepended to another word to coin a new word that expresses belonging.
thing to which another pertains
(law) minor property that passes with the main property
(language) modifier appended or prepended to another word to express belonging