Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˈæp(t).li/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Homophone: happily (in some h-dropping accents)
- In an apt or suitable manner; fittingly; appropriately; suitably
- an aptly named hotel
- My friend, aptly nicknamed "Shorty"
- 1890, Jacob Riis, How the Other Half Lives Chapter XIII
- The border-land where the white and black races meet in common debauch, the aptly-named black-and-tan saloon, has never been debatable ground from a moral standpoint.
in an apt or suitable manner